Monday, July 26, 2010

So Hold Onto Nothing As Fast As You Can.


Adrienne’s are notorious for tangents and I suppose this is one of them.
I’m happy with where this journey is taking me despite having no idea how the story ends.
I never have and never will, be afraid to turn the page.
Each chapter surprises me…still. One might concede
that after 32 years of life, very little would be of any shock to my system. Especially after such stormy seas. Yet still, it rages on.
This life.
This dream.
This determination.
Watching the world around me as it spins us all into different directions.
Feeling the hot summer sun on my shoulders until the leaves fall from the trees and onto the ground, once more.
It all goes by so fast. It all goes by so slowly.
Only we can be the judge of that when the sun sets upon us.
It feels as though I’ve lived a thousand different lives and swam a million different oceans to get here.
And here I shall stay until the next wave catches me…until the next chapter is safe for me to enter.
Until then, I will bask in the beautiful, treacherous, and glorious present, that is life.

It’s true what they say.
Part of it is, anyway.
Perhaps none of this is what it seems.
Maybe reality is really the dream.
Tipping forward - Falling back
Making up for all you lack.
When digging still is not enough
to find that diamond in the rough.
How far must these limits be pushed?
until that final destined hush?
Going under - Falling up
working to overflow your cup.
Taking over - moving on.
Pressing pause till time is gone.
Is it true what they say?
Part of it is, anyway.
But only YOU can win this game.
Because only YOU are not the same.

© Adrienne J. Coe - 2009
Any and all reproductions of this writing will result in severe legal penalties and fees...bitches.

No comments: