Monday, July 26, 2010

..::They Call Me Tiffany Twisted. I've Got That Mercedes Benz::..

In this lifetime, I have often found myself standing by the side of individuals who claim to want more out of life. Who pray for bliss and speak of dreams, make promises, and plans...

I believe wholeheartedly that they truly do desire these things. They crave a good life and truly believe...at least at one point...that their life will change.

What most fail to realize is the reality of one word. CHOICE.

We can pray, hope, dream, and even BELIEVE...but if we do not CHOOSE the proper paths in order to obtain these little slices of heaven, we will only find ourselves on the same path, living life in a circle, settling into the comfort of the "known". And as life passes by and age settles upon your face, heart, and soul, those once desired dreams will slowly begin to disappear.

I've seen this all too often.

And I'm sick of it.

It is called "ROCK BOTTOM" and many live there.
It's reminds me of the song "Hotel California" by the Eagles.

"We are all just prisoners here, of our own device" "Last thing I remember, I was running for the door. I had to find the passage back to the place I was before. 'Relax,' said the night man, we are programmed to receive. You can check-out any time you like, But you can never leave!'

I only realized this AFTER I wrote this poem. It is called "Rock Bottom" and unfortunately, from the things I have observed in this life, many are satisfied with it. I used to feel sorry for them...I still have pity. But this could never be my life.

Rock Bottom by Adrienne Jessica.

It Cradles you so slowly and tempts you with it's bliss.
Until the falling ceases and greets you with a kiss.
It takes no time to make some friends
who tell you of THEIR bitter ends
Until rock bottom actually begins to feel like life
It sucks you in.
Suddenly it no longer seems wrong.
Afterall, this life is rather quite long...
So as the days pass by hope slowly dies
until one day you stop looking through your own eyes.
The light grows dim and so you do you.
Nothing grows old and nothing blooms new.
But there is a secret and you hide it well.
YOU KNEW YOU WERE FALLING BEFORE YOU FELL.

© Adrienne Jessica 2010.
Any reproduction or copies produced without my permission will result in severe legal penalties and fees.




No comments: